- Abernathy, Joanie Lucie
- 136 Fourth Ave South
- PO Box 1608
- FRANKLIN, TN 37064-2622
- BPR Number:
Definitions for BOPR Status Codes
- Active - in good standing to practice law in Tennessee. An attorney must be on active status in order to practice. Attorneys on temporary duty with the armed forces are considered active.
- Active - Military Exempt - in good standing to practice law in Tennessee.
- Deceased - an attorney who is no longer living.
- Disability - an inactive status resulting from an attorney being incapacitated from continuing to practice law.
- Disbarred - terminates the individual’s status as a lawyer. May apply for reinstatement after 5 years.
- Federal Exempt - attorneys who serve as a justice, judge, or magistrate judge of a court of the United States or who serve in any federal office in which the attorney is prohibited by federal law from engaging in the practice of law.
- Inactive - attorneys not currently practicing law may request inactive status, such as retired attorneys 65 years of age or older, faculty members of Tennessee law schools who do not practice, or attorneys not engaged in the practice of law in Tennessee.
- Surrendered - an attorney in good standing who is no longer practicing in Tennessee may choose to voluntarily surrender their law license and no longer be licensed to practice law in Tennessee.
- Suspended - not in good standing and cannot practice law in Tennessee, subject to reinstatement to active status. This may be as a result of failure to pay annual attorneyÕs dues, failure to pay the annual Professional Privilege Tax, non-compliance with IOLTA reporting, failure to meet Continuing Legal Education (CLE) requirements, or imposed disciplinary actions.
- Office County:
- Licensed in TN Since:
- Law School:
Informational Releases for Public Discipline:(No releases for Public Discipline found for this attorney)
|Joanie Lucie Abernathy|
* Information accurate as ofFriday, February 16, 2018 7:00 PM UTC