- Cheek, Robert Lawson Jr.
- 9111 CROSS PARK DR STE D200
- KNOXVILLE, TN 37923-4521
- BPR Number:
Definitions for BOPR Status Codes
- Active - in good standing to practice law in Tennessee. An attorney must be on active status in order to practice. Attorneys on temporary duty with the armed forces are considered active.
- Deceased - an attorney who is no longer living.
- Disability - an inactive status resulting from an attorney being incapacitated from continuing to practice law.
- Disbarred - terminates the individual’s status as a lawyer. May apply for reinstatement after 5 years.
- Federal Exempt - attorneys who serve as a justice, judge, or magistrate judge of a court of the United States or who serve in any federal office in which the attorney is prohibited by federal law from engaging in the practice of law.
- Inactive - attorneys not currently practicing law may request inactive status, such as retired attorneys 65 years of age or older, faculty members of Tennessee law schools who do not practice, or attorneys not engaged in the practice of law in Tennessee.
- Surrendered - an attorney in good standing who is no longer practicing in Tennessee may choose to voluntarily surrender their law license and no longer be licensed to practice law in Tennessee.
- Suspended - not in good standing and cannot practice law in Tennessee, subject to reinstatement to active status. This may be as a result of failure to pay annual attorneyÕs dues, failure to pay the annual Professional Privilege Tax, non-compliance with IOLTA reporting, failure to meet Continuing Legal Education (CLE) requirements, or imposed disciplinary actions.
- Office County:
- Licensed in TN Since:
- Law School:
- UNIV TN
Informational Releases for Public Discipline:
|02/08/2017||Knox County Lawyer Disbarred|
|10/03/2016||Hearing Panel Judgment - #2016-2569-2-AJ|
|04/05/2016||Petition for Discipline filed - #2016-2569-2-AJ|
|08/13/2015||Knox County Lawyer Disbarred|
|04/08/2015||Hearing Panel Judgment - #2014-2318-2-AJ(22.3)|
|12/19/2014||Petition for Discipline filed - #2014-2409-2-AJ|
|07/01/2014||Petition for Final Discipline filed - #2014-2318-2-AJ(22.3)|
|05/23/2014||Knox County Lawyer Suspended|
|05/16/2014||Knox County Lawyer Disbarred|
|05/09/2013||Petition for Discipline filed (AJ)|
|01/14/2013||Knoxville Lawyer Temporarily Suspended|
|12/19/2012||Petition for Temporary Suspension filed (KH)|
Names Used:(No other names found)
* Information accurate as of Wednesday, August 23, 2017 6:21 PM